Lectio Divina Prayer Video
Lectio Divina: A prayerful way of reading Scripture (Here is the information in a download if you prefer)
- Bless yourself and begin with a brief prayer
- Read the scripture passage
- What word/phrase stands out for you in the passage?
- Do you have an insight, feeling or understanding about it?
- Read the passage again for a fuller understanding of what is there for you
- Ponder the word/phrase, what does it mean to you?
- Sit in silence for a few minutes
- End with an Our Father.
Lectio (reading/listening): what word does God have for you?
Meditatio (meditation): take the word and ponder it, making it your own.
Oratio (prayer): allow the word to touch and change you.
Contemplatio (contemplation): rest in God’s embrace.
Some passages to use:
Daily Mass readings are available online at the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops site; you can sign up to have them emailed to you every day.
Or use your Bible and pray with these: